Life at Charter One
You see your life in milestones. Going to college. Buying a home. Having a baby. Sending your children to college. We see life the same way. So we're there for you, every step of the way.
At Charter One, worklife means taking some of the work out of life -- making your life easier so you can be more effective on the job and off. It's providing programs that help to keep you close to your family so you don't miss the first steps, the recital, or the ball game. It's making sure you have time to do the things that are important to you. It's celebrating all of life's successes with you -- both at work and at home.
Your family becomes our family, which is why we offer all the typical, as well as some not-so-typical family-focused programs listed below. For detailed benefit information and eligibility requirements, go to RBSAmericasHR.com.
Your Not-So-Typical Benefits
Your Typical Benefits
- Adoption Assistance/Adoption Leave: Financial assistance up to the maximum amount allowed under IRS regulations and one week of paid leave per adoption.
- CFG Scholars: Scholarship program for your dependents.
- Child-Care Subsidy: Financial assistance with your child-care expenses.
- Domestic Partner Coverage: Medical, Dental, vision, spouse life and AD&D benefits are available for same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners.
- Educational Assistance Program: Tuition reimbursement for courses that help advance your career.
- Emergency Sick Child-Care Reimbursement: Financial assistance if your child is sick and needs care while you are at work.
- Employee Sabbaticals: A three-month paid sabbatical to work in the community.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: Flextime, reduced work schedules, part-time, job sharing and telecommuting are some of the options your department may offer.
- LifeCare Discount Center: A comprehensive site that brings more than 300 special Charter One discounts to your desktop.
- Health Advocate: If you participate in our health plan you can take advantage of this service to find qualified doctors, identify "best-in-class" medical institutions for a serious illness or injury, handle elder care issues, and resolve eligibility, benefits and claims issues.
- Homebuyer Assistance Program: Helps you with the purchase of your principal residence by providing a five-year forgivable $5,000 or $8,000 loan that can be used for expenses associated with a mortgage.
- Identity Theft Shield: Helps to protect your identity; alerts you to suspicious bank account and credit card activity.
- Legal Services Plan: Gives you access to a network of participating attorneys for consultation and advice.
- LifeCare® Resources & Referrals: A resource and referral program that can help you manage work and personal responsibilities.
- Loyalty Has Its Rewards!: If you have five or more years of service, you are entered into a monthly drawing to win a new car. The longer you've been with Charter One, the more chances you get.
- Pet Insurance: Group discount on comprehensive medical coverage for your pets for unexpected illnesses or accidents.
- Special Medical Reimbursement Plan: Reimbursements for qualified medical expenses relating to personal medical equipment (such as wheelchairs), physical therapy, and nursing care that are not covered by other medical insurance.
- Vacation Buy/Sell: If you're full-time, you can buy or sell a vacation week during annual benefits enrollment.
- WageWorks® Commuter Program: A program to help you save money on commuting expenses.
- Your Bank: RBS provides preferential rates and exclusive offers for multiple banking products and services to truly make RBS “Your Bank”.
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Banking Services
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Reimbursement Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care
- Retirement Plans: All colleagues hired after 1/1/09 are not eligible to participate in the Pension Plan. However, they will be eligible for an additional three percent Company contribution in the RBS Americas Retirement Saving Plan, whether or not they contribute.