Charter One Zero Liability Policy
Shop with confidence.
Use your card worldwide without worry. Charter One protects your card information so you won’t be held liable for unauthorized purchases made with your card or account information.*
How does the Charter One Zero Liability policy work?
- You discover fraudulent or suspicious activity on your monthly statement
- You should immediately call us at 1-877-242-7837 to report the activity so we can take immediate action to regain control of your account
- As a first step, Charter One will deactivate your current card and issue you a new one
- The Internal Claims Group will research all purchases made after the date of the suspicious activity
- When the research is complete and all fraudulent purchases have been verified, we will return misused funds to your account.
Our commitment to you.
If your account is compromised we will take every possible action on your behalf to resolve the issue quickly and with as little inconvenience as possible. We will also extend you provisional credit for losses from unauthorized card use within 5 business days of notification of the loss.